Student visa
Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Singapore
Phone: (65) 6235 1832, 6235 1834
/9:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:15

Student visa

To apply for a STUDENT VISA you must have LETTER OF INVITATION (LOI) issued by Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation at the request of educational organization in Russia (visa sponsor).

 Please ask your educational organization in Russia to obtain and send a copy of LOI to you by email.

 The LOI can be submitted in either copy or original. The LOI can also be issued in a form of TELEX. In this case your employer in Russia needs to provide you with telex number.

 Nationals of the following countries which have Visa Agreements with Russia may apply for a short-term (up to 90 days) Student visa (purpose of visit “Study”, “Courses” or “Internship/Training”) with INVITATION LETTER issued by Russian educational organization:

Europe: (except Denmark, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) Croatia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

 Rest of Europe – 
CroatiaDenmarkIcelandLichtensteinNorway and Switzerland.

Japan, India.


  • The name of your visa sponsor in Russia which you     will need to indicate as Host Organization when filling in online visa     application form.
  • The number of entries to Russia – it can be     single or double.

Besides, regardless of the visa type the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section:

1.Completed visa application form signed by the Applicant only

       2. Valid national passport (valid for no less than 6 month before the end of the visa period)

   3. For Non-Singaporeans – valid Singapore Employment Pass or other Visit Pass/Permanent Resident Identification Card/Disembarkation Card: original AND photocopy.

      4. One 3,5x4,5 color picture of an applicant.

     5. Recent HIV certificate (done no earlier than 2 months before arrival Russia) if you intend to stay in Russia longer than 90 days. 

6. Travel insurance for the citizens of European Union for the full duration of your stay in Russia.

Important! If you are going to Russia for long-term study, you need LOI issued by Russian Federal Migration Service valid for single trip. You will get visa which would allow you to enter Russia and then convert it to multiple entries visa. You may enter Russia on or after the date indicated in your visa. You must convert your single trip visa to multiple visa before visa expiry date.

 Please click on the tabs above for further information on Student visa application.